Ellen has always had an interest in the Calgary real estate market. She owns and manages rental property in South Calgary, and has also bought and sold 7 personal homes over the years. She has managed renovation projects, doing much of the work herself. She’s tackled paint and design, carpet, heated flooring, bathroom fixtures and has refinished hardwood and original cork floors. She has spent the last 10 years transforming properties, showing off their assets to bring faster sales. She understands how to bring out a home’s character while making it neutral enough buyers immediately feel at home. Ellen recognizes home staging is a key real estate marketing tool that will bring your property from list to sold quickly.
Her recent staging ‘wins’ include:
- Staged a New Brighton property in a down market attracting 3 competing offers within 5 days. One at full list.
- One of her most recent properties sold for full list price in 4 hours!
- In Sundance, Ellen brought an aging property to life selling it in 3 days for 20% more than any house on that cul-de-sac.
- An Edgemont house that had been sitting on the market for over 49 days without a single offer before staging, sold on the second showing for OVER LIST PRICE.
- Ellen Styled one of the most popular home plans in the New Brighton area of Calgary. That home sold in two days and still holds the record price for resale of that plan in the area. To give perspective, a home two doors down, with the identical home plan and many more upgrades took over 3 months longer to sell for less.
- After sitting on the market for over a year, a condo she staged for an estate sale sold in fewer than 3 days for 97% of list.